- Title Pages
- Notes on the Translation
- The Text in Translation The History of the Buddha's Relic Shrine
- 1 The Career of the Bodhisattva
- 2 The Story of Prince Siddhārtha
- 3 The Defeat of Māra
- 4 The Awakening of the Buddha
- 5 The Enshrining of the Relics
- 6 The Story of King Aśoka
- 7 Establishing the Dispensation in LaṄkā
- 8 The Early Career of King Duṭugämuṇu
- 9 The Victory of King Duṭugämuṇu
- 10 The Commencement of the Relic Shrine
- 11 The Description of the Relic Chamber
- 12 The Relic Deposit
- 13 The Death of King Duṭugämuṇu
- (p.253) Epilogue
- The History of the Buddha's Relic Shrine
Stephen C. Berkwitz (Contributor Webpage)
- Oxford University Press
This epilogue describes a prediction wherein Duṭugämuṇu and various members of his family and court will be reborn to attend to the future Buddha Maitreya.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.