- Title Pages
- PART I Forced Reorientation
- CHAPTER 1 Renouncing War
- CHAPTER 2 Questioning the Nation
- CHAPTER 3 Rejecting the Plan
- CONCLUSION TO PART I: Preconditions of Freedom
- PART II Contradictory Modernization
- CHAPTER 4 Embracing the West
- CHAPTER 5 Arriving at Democracy
- CHAPTER 6 Protesting Authority
- CONCLUSION TO PART II: Paradoxes of Modernity
- PART III Challenges of Civil Society
- CHAPTER 7 Abandoning Socialism
- CHAPTER 8 Searching for Normalcy
- CHAPTER 9 Fearing Foreignness
- CONCLUSION TO PART III: Implications of Upheaval
- (p.23) CHAPTER 1 Renouncing War
- After Hitler
Konrad H. Jarausch (Contributor Webpage)
- Oxford University Press
This chapter deals with the Potsdam policy of demilitarization, which went beyond disarming the Wehrmacht and eventually led to a distancing from militarism.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.