- Title Pages
- 1 Alice Walker’s <i>The Color Purple</i>
- 2 (W)Riting <i>The Work</i> and Working the Rites
- 3 Speaking in Tongues
- 4 Toni Morrison’s <i>Beloved</i>
- 5 The Stories of (O)Dessa
- 6 “Seen But Not Heard”
- 7 Gayl Jones’s <i>White Rat</i>
- 8 The State of Our Art
- 9 What It Means to Teach the Other When the Other Is the Self
- 10 Authors and Authorities
- 11 Nella Larsen’s <i>Passing</i>
- 12 Josephine Baker and <i>La Revue Nègre</i>
- 13 Dancing Diaspora
- 14 About Face, or, What Is This “Back” in B(l)ack Popular Culture?
- 15 Sherley Anne Williams (1944–1999)
- 16 Bebe Moore Campbell (1950–2006)
- Speaking in Tongues and Dancing Diaspora
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.