- Title Pages
- 1 Empathy and the Limits of Disgust in the Hippocratic Corpus
- 2 Moral Disgust in Sophocles’ <i>Philoctetes</i>
- 3 Disgust and Delight
- 4 Demosthenes and the Use of Disgust
- 5 Sex, Politics, and Disgust in Aeschines’ <i>Against Timarchus</i>
- 6 Beauty in Suffering
- 7 Not Tonight, Dear, I’m Feeling a Little <i>pig-</i>
- 8 Beyond Disgust
- 9 Witches, Disgust, and Anti-Abortion Propaganda in Imperial Rome
- 10 Evoking Disgust in the Latin Novels of Petronius and Apuleius
- 11 Obscena Galli Praesentia
- 12 Monstrum in Fronte, Monstrum in Animo?
- 13 Smelly Bodies on Stage
- Index Rerum et Nominum
- Index Auctorum Antiquorum et Locorum
- The Ancient Emotion of Disgust
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.