- Title Pages
- Preface: Show, Don’t Tell
- I Anti-Semite/Jew: Von Trier
- 1 An Invitation from Lars von Trier
- 2 Must We Burn Lars von Trier?
- 3 The Suffering Spectator?
- 4 The Nymph Shoots Back
- 5 Sharing in What Death Reveals
- 6 Broken by God
- 7 Blind Spots and Double Vision
- 8 “Young Americans”
- 9 Three Emancipations
- 10 Face Value
- V Europe/Evil: Bowie
- 11 “At the Fringes of One’s Consciousness”
- 12 A Philopoetic Engagement
- 13 Evils of Representation in <i>Europa</i> and <i>Melancholia</i>
- 14 Black Suns and a Bright Planet
- 15 “I Know What Has to Happen”
- 16 “Out Like a Lion”
- 17 The <i>Gravity</i> of <i>Melancholia</i>
- 18 <i>Melancholia</i> and US
- Politics, Theory, and Film
Lori J. Marso
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.