- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Institutions and the Evolution of European Democracy
- 2 National Courts and Community Law
- 3 On Studying Governments
- 4 What Is New About Governance and Why Does It Matter?
- 5 Executives in Comparative Context
- 6 The Political System of the European Union
- 7 Dismantling and Rebuilding the Weberian State
- 8 The Age of Administrative Reforms
- 9 The European Administration: Between Europeanization and Domestication
- 10 Europeanization and the Persistence of Administrative Systems
- 11 The Decline of Party?
- 12 Comparing Economic Interest Organizations
- 13 Interest Groups and the Brussels Bureaucracy
- 14 Contentious Politics in Western Europe and the United States
- 15 From Popular Dissatisfaction to Populism: Democracy, Constitutionalism, and Corruption
- 16 Democratizations in the European Periphery
- 17 The Politics of Regulation and European Regulatory Institutions
- 18 From Industrial Policy to a Regulatory State: Contrasting Institutional Change in Britain and France
- 19 Monetary Policy and the Euro
- 20 Recasting European Welfare States
- 21 The Changing European State
- 22 The Changing European State: Pressures from Within
- 23 International Relations, International Institutions, and the European State
- Governing Europe
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.