- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Modern Moral Philosophy and the Virtues
- 2 Normative Virtue Ethics
- 3 The Virtues: Theory and Common Sense in Greek Philosophy
- 4 Partiality and the Virtues
- 5 Kant's Virtues
- 6 Virtue Ethics, Utilitarianism, and Symmetry
- 7 The Virtues and Human Nature
- 8 Natural and Artificial Virtues
- 9 Does Moral Virtue Constitute a Benefit to the Agent?
- 10 Deadly Vices?
- 11 How Emotions Reveal Value and Help Cure the Schizophrenia of Modern Ethical Theories
- 12 MacIntyre on Modernity and How It Has Marginalized the Virtues
- 13 Feminism, Moral Development, and the Virtues
- 14 Community and Virtue
- Further Reading
- How Should One Live?
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.