(p.ii) Gender and Politics represents the most recent scholarship in the areas of women, gender, and politics, and is explicitly cross‐national in its organization and orientation. Recognizing the contribution of women's studies to gendered political analysis, the goal of Gender and Politics is to develop, and to publish, frontier analysis, the empirical research exemplary of the intersection between political studies and women's studies.
The series is edited by Professor Karen Beckwith at the Department of Political Science, College of Wooster and Professor Joni Lovenduski, Department of Politics and Sociology, Birkbeck College.
- Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP
- Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford
- It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship,
- and education by publishing worldwide in
- Oxford New York
- Auckland Bangkok Buenos Aires Cape Town Chennai
- Dar es Salaam Delhi Hong Kong Istanbul Karachi Kolkata
- Kuala Lumpur Madrid Melbourne Mexico City Mumbai Nairobi
- São Paulo Shanghai Taipei Tokyo Toronto
- Oxford is a registered trade mark of Oxford University Press
- in the UK and in certain other countries
- Published in the United States
- by Oxford University Press Inc., New York
- © the several contributors, 2003
- The moral rights of the authors have been asserted
- Database right Oxford University Press (maker)
- First published 2003
- All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
- stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means,
- without the prior permission in writing of Oxford University Press,
- or as expressly permitted by law, or under terms agreed with the appropriate
- reprographcs rights organization. Enquiries concerning reproduction
- outside the scope of the above should be sent to the Rights Department,
- Oxford University Press, at the address above
- You must not circulate this book in any other binding or cover
- and you must impose this same condition on any acquirer
- British Library Cataloguing in Publication Data
- data available
- Library of Congress Cataloging in Publication Data
- Women and American politics / edited by Susan J. Carroll.
- p. cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. Women in politics–United States. I. Carroll, Susan J., 1950–
- HQ1236.5.U6 W64 2002 320′.082–dc21 2002070189
- ISBN 0‐19‐829347‐X (hbk.)
- ISBN 0‐19‐829348‐8 (pbk.)