- Title Pages
- 1 Reappraising Political Theory
- 2 Whither Political Theory?
- 3 Machiavelli and Moral Change
- 4 Hobbes's Linguistic Turn
- 5 Rousseau's Civil Religion Reconsidered
- 6 The Survivor and the Savant: Two Schemes for Civil Religion Compared
- 7 Benthamite Discipline and Punishment; Or, What Foucault Missed
- 8 Utilitarianism, Feminism, and the Franchise
- 9 Vico and Marx on ‘Making’ History
- 10 Marx and Darwin: A Reconsideration
- 11 Constitutional Interpretation: What's Wrong With ‘Original Intent’?
- 12 The Myth of Adam and American Identity
- Select Bibliography
- Reappraising Political Theory
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.