- Title Pages
- Jacket and Frontispiece
- Notes on Contributors
- List of Abbreviations
- Map of the World (1630) by Henricus Hondius
- 1 Introduction: Grotian Thought in International Relations
- 2 The Importance of Grotius in the Study of International Relations
- 3 Grotius and the International Politics of the Seventeenth Century
- 4 Grotius and Gentili: A Reassessment of Thomas E. Holland's Inaugural Lecture<sup>1</sup>
- 5 Grotius' Place in the Development of Legal Ideas about War
- 6 Grotius and the Law of the Sea
- 7 Grotius and International Equality
- 8 Grotius, Human Rights, and Intervention
- 9 Grotius' Influence in Russia
- 10 Grotius and the Development of International Law in the United Nations Period<sup>1</sup>
- 11 Are Grotius' Ideas Obsolete in an Expanded World?
- 12 The Grotius Factor in International Law and Relations: A Functional Approach
- Select Bibliography
- Hugo Grotius and International Relations
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.