- Title Pages
- Part I The Radical Holiness World of A. J. Tomlinson
- 1 Holiness, Modernity, and American Evangelicalism before the Divide
- 2 Radical Holiness
- 3 Radical Holiness and Plainfolk Modernism
- 4 Radical Ethics: Race, Women, and Holiness Considered and Reconsidered
- Part II A. J. Tomlinson: Plainfolk Modernist
- 5 Family Tradition
- 6 Portrait of the Patriarch as a Young Man
- 7 Quaker Holiness
- 8 The Day of Small Things
- 9 Guides to Holiness
- 10 Visions of Eden
- 11 Culture Wars
- 12 Twilight in Eden
- 13 The Church of God
- 14 Pentecost!
- 15 Order in the Courts
- 16 A. J. Ascendant
- (p.65) 5 Family Tradition
- A. J. Tomlinson
Roger Glenn Robins
- Oxford University Press
This chapter presents the family background of Ambrose Jessup Tomlinson. It chronicles the move of his grandparents Robert and Lydia Tomlinson to central Indiana, which was part of the “Great Quaker Migration”. It describes the lives and marriage of his parents Milton and Delilah Tomlinson.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.