- Title Pages
- Author's Note
- One “A Seer Shall the Lord My God Raise Up”: The Prophet and the Plates
- Two “Out of the Dust”: The Book of Mormon Comes Forth
- Three “A Marvelous Work and a Wonder”: The Book of Mormon as Sacred Sign
- Four “I, Nephi, Wrote This Record”: The Book of Mormon as Ancient History, Part 1—The Search for a Mesoamerican Troy
- Five “I, Nephi, Wrote This Record”: The Book of Mormon as Ancient History, Part 2—The Search for a Rational Belief
- Six “Devices of the Devil”: The Book of Mormon as Cultural Product or Sacred Fiction
- Seven “Plain and Precious Truths”: The Book of Mormon as New Theology, Part 1—The Encounter With Biblical Christianity
- Eight “Plain and Precious Truths”: The Book of Mormon as New Theology, Part 2—Dialogic Revelation
- Nine “A Standard Unto My People”: The Book of Mormon as Cultural Touchstone
- By the Hand of Mormon
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.