This year we are celebrating Oxford Scholarship Online (OSO) turning fifteen. As a part of this celebration we are shining a spotlight on the different subject areas available on OSO.
Oxford University Press's Linguistics list focuses on all fields of theoretical and historical linguistics and has extensive books in linguistic typology, language evolution, and language in culture and society. There are over 400 books in this module on OSO, covering topics as diverse as external influences on English to the foundations of language, and grammar to the history of the Spanish lexicon.
Delve in to this subject area with our selected reading list:
- 'Language Evolution' from Language Evolution by Morten H. Christiansen and Simon Kirby
- 'Introducing Raciolinguistics' from Raciolinguistics by H. Samy Alim, John R. Rickford, and Arnetha F. Ball
- 'Latin as a source for the Romance languages' from The Oxford Guide to the Romance Languages by Adam Ledgeway and Martin Maiden
- 'Verb inflection' from The Oxford Reference Guide to English Morphology by Laurie Bauer et. al.
More From OUP...
Stay up-to-date with OUP by opting in to receive information in several different ways:
- To receive information about our latest publishing, including special offers, join our mailing list
- Connect via our Social Media channels or delve in to the OUPblog archives
- To keep up to date with the latest publishing added to OSO, subscribe to the RSS feed for Linguistics