- Title Pages
- Abbreviations, Transliterations, and Editions
- 1 Diagnosing and Treating the Pained Body
- 2 Aretaios of Kappodokia
- 3 Galen
- 4 Diagnosis and Pain
- 5 Refiguring Pain Symptoms
- 6 Sore Feet and Tragedy in Plutarch and Lucian
- 7 Sacred Pain in Ailios Aristeides
- 8 Pain and Language Recalibrated
- 9 <i>Ekphrasis</i>, Trauma, and Viewing Pain
- 10 Philostratos’ Prurient Gaze
- 11 Viewing and Emotional Conflict in Akhilleus Tatios
- 12 Viewing Trauma in Plutarch
- 13 What’s in a View?
- General Index
- Index Locorum
- Experiencing Pain in Imperial Greek Culture
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.