- Title Pages
- 1 Greek Plays in England
- 2 Imitating the Queen of Troy
- 3 What’s Hecuba to Him?
- 4 Iphigenia in Illyria
- 5 Bringing Back the Dead
- 6 Parodying Shakespeare’s Euripides in <i>Bartholomew Fair</i>
- Bibliographic Resources Consulted
- Digital Library Sites for Appendices: Names, Abbreviations, and basic URLs
- Appendix 1: Editions of Greek Plays in Greek
- Appendix 2: Editions of Greek Plays in Latin (or Bilingual Greek–Latin)
- Appendix 3: Vernacular Translations of Greek Plays
- Appendix 4: Performances of Plays by (or based on) Greek Playwrights
- Appendix 5: Vernacular Translations of Seneca’s Plays
- Appendix 6: Pre-1600 Performances of Plays by (or Based on) Seneca in England and Continental Europe
- Appendix 7: Extant Greek Plays
- Greek Tragic Women on Shakespearean Stages
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.