- Title Pages
- 1 The Creature We Are
- 2 The World We Have
- 3 The Faith We Seek
- 4 The Ethic We Need: Change and Imagination
- 5 The Ethic We Need: Good Theory
- 6 The Ethic We Need: Community Matrix
- 7 The Ethic We Need: Tilling and Keeping
- 8 Asceticism and Consumerism
- 9 The Sacred and the Commodified
- 10 Mysticism and Alienation
- 11 Prophetic-Liberative Practices and Oppression
- 12 Wisdom and Folly
- 13 Closing
- Index of Scripture Passages
- (p.3) Prelude
- Earth-honoring Faith
Larry L. Rasmussen
- Oxford University Press
This chapter introduces the book. A changed planet calls for an ecological phase for all religions in a new geological era, the Anthropocene. In partnership with science, religions can play indispensable and constructive roles in the transition to ecological civilization.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.