- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- A Note on Dynasties and Reigns
- 1 A Culture in Flux
- 2 Embodying the Text through Blood Writing
- 3 Nourishing the Parent with One’s Own Flesh
- 4 Chaste Widows as Entertainment and Revenants
- 5 Exposing and Burning the Body for Rain
- Character Glossary
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- PRIMARY SOURCES
- SECONDARY SOURCES
- Sanctity and Self-Inflicted Violence in Chinese Religions, 1500-1700
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.