- Title Pages
- PREFACE FOR NONSPECIALISTS IN RABBINIC LITERATURE
- NOTES ON TEXTS, TRANSLATIONS, AND TRANSCRIPTIONS
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Stories, Narratives, and Narrativity
- 3 A Typology of Mishnaic Forms
- 4 Mishnaic Topography
- 5 The Mishnah in Comparative Context
- 6 Transmission, Redaction, and Rhetoric
- 7 Exempla: Who Is a Rabbi?
- 8 Case Stories: Repetition and Renewal
- 9 Etiological Stories: Original Nightmares
- 10 Conclusion
- Appendix LIST OF STORIES IN THE MISHNAH
- CITATION INDEX: MISHNAH, TOSEFTA, YERUSHALMI AND BAVLI
- SUBJECT INDEX
- Stories of the Law
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.