- Title Pages
- A Note on the Text
- Introduction Illegitimacy and the Political History of the Family
- 1 Bastardy in Sixteenth-Century French Legal Doctrine and Practice
- 2 Jurisprudential Reform of Illegitimacy in Seventeenth-Century France
- 3 Royal Bastardy and Dynastic Crisis
- 4 State Expansion, Social Practice, and the Quandaries of Legal Unification
- 5 Redefining Social Interest
- 6 Illegitimacy and Legal Change in the French Enlightenment
- Printed Primary Sources
- Printed Secondary Sources
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.