- Title Pages
- I Striving “for,” “in,” and “in the Path of” God
- II Fighting in the Path of God
- III The Ethics of Fighting, Refraining from Fighting, and Peacemaking
- IV Dying in the Path of God
- V <i>Jihād</i> and Martyrdom Compared in Early and Later <i>Hadı</i>̄<i>th</i> Literature
- VI <i>Jihād</i> and Martyrdom in Early and Late Treatises on the Merits of <i>Jihād</i>
- VII The Excellences of Patient Forbearance
- VIII Modern and Contemporary Debates on <i>Jihād</i> and Martyrdom I
- IX Modern and Contemporary Debates on <i>Jihād</i> and Martyrdom II
- Primary Sources
- Index of Qur’anic Verses
- Striving in the Path of God
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.