- Title Pages
- List of Plates
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- Notes on Contributors
- Introduction: Continuity in the Sympotic Tradition
- 1 The Symposion between East and West
- 2 Quo usque tandem…? How Long Were Sympotic Songs?
- 3 Some Thoughts on the Symposiastic Catena, Aisakos, and Skolia
- 4 Bacchylides’ Banquet Songs
- 5 The Symposion as Theme and Performance Context in Pindar’s Epinicians
- 6 Smikros: Fictional Portrait of an Artist as a Symposiast by Euphronios
- 7 Symposia and the Formation of Poetic Genre in Aristophanes’ Wasps
- 8 Parting Shots: Aeschylus, Agamemnon 1384–98 and Symposia in the Visual Repertoire
- 9 Symposia en plein air in Alcaeus and Others
- 10 The World in a Cup: Ekpomatics in and out of the Symposion
- 11 Party or Perish: Death, Wine, and Closure in Hellenistic Sympotic Epigram
- 12 Hierarchy and Symposiastic Poetry, Greek and Latin
- Subjects and Greek words
- Passages cited
- The Cup of Song
Enrico Emanuele Prodi
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.