- Title Pages
- Series preface
- List of abbreviations
- Notes on contributors
- 1 Discourse and pragmatic markers from Latin to the Romance languages: New insights
- 2 The development of discourse and pragmatic markers
- 3 Call markers in French, Italian, and Romanian
- 4 On disagreement markers in French and Romanian dialogue
- 5 Deverbal pragmatic markers from Latin to Italian (Lat. QUAESO and It. prego): The cyclic nature of functional developments
- 6 Mă rog: A pragmatic marker in Romanian
- 7 Paths of grammaticalization in Spanish o sea
- 8 Cyclicity in semantic/pragmatic change
- 9 French déjà, Piedmontese Regional Italian già
- 10 The pragmaticalization of ‘already’ in Romance: From discourse grammar to illocution
- 11 Aliás: A contribution to the study of a Portuguese discourse marker
- 12 Romanian atunci and French alors: Functional and discourse properties
- 13 How does a concessive value emerge?
- Conclusion: The development of functional roles and Romance languages: Processes and patterns
- Author index
- Subject index
- Discourse and Pragmatic Markers from Latin to the Romance Languages
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.