- Title Pages
- Introduction to Part I
- 1 Reference and Propositional Attitudes
- 2 Two Theories of Meaning
- 3 The Semantics of Singular Terms
- 4 Must Beliefs Be Sentences?
- 5 Names in Thought
- 6 Truth beyond All Verification
- 7 The Supervenience of Social Meaning on Speaker’s Meaning
- Introduction to Part II
- 8 Social Content and Psychological Content
- 9 Subjective Intentionality
- 10 Phenomenal States
- 11 Can We Explain Intentionality?
- 12 Elimination versus Non-reductive Physicalism
- 13 Reference from the First-person Perspective
- 14 Transparent Experience and the Availability of Qualia
- 15 Phenomenal Intentionality as the Basis of Mental Content
- List of Works by Brian Loar
- Consciousness and Meaning
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.