- Title Pages
- About the contributors
- 1 Epistemic indefinites: An overview
- 2 Where do Chinese <i>wh</i>-items fit?
- 3 Romanian epistemic indefinites
- 4 Sinhala epistemic indefinites with a certain <i>je ne sais quoi</i>
- 5 A short history of English epistemic indefinites
- 6 Epistemic indefinites and methods of identification
- 7 Evidential restrictions on epistemic modals
- 8 Grading and hedging by <i>gewiss</i>
- 9 Certain properties of certain indefinites: An experimental perspective
- 10 Ignorance, indifference, and individuation with <i>wh-ever</i>
- 11 Modified numerals: The epistemic effect
- 12 Indifference and scalar inferences in free relatives
- Epistemic Indefinites
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.