- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 The Intellectual Genealogy of a Southern Protestant, <i>c.</i>1900–30
- 2 Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, and War, 1930–45
- 3 Irish Community and Protestant Belonging, 1930–49
- 4 Christianity, Mass Society, and Cold War, 1945–72
- 5 Public Controversy and Intellectual Dissent, 1949–72
- 6 History, Heritage, and Scholarship, 1930–72
- 7 The Intellectual Legacy of a Southern Protestant, 1972–91
- Appendix 1 Hubert Butler's Published Writings and Radio Broadcasts
- Appendix 2 The Kilkenny Debates: Topics and Participants
- Primary Material
- Secondary Material
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.