- Title Pages
- Biographical Notes on Contributors
- 1 Religion, Tolerance, and Intolerance: Views from Across the Disciplines
- 2 Religion, Cohesion, and Hostility
- 3 The Origin of Religion as a Small-Scale Phenomenon
- 4 The Virtues of Intolerance: Is Religion an Adaptation for War?
- 5 Individual Religion, Tolerance, and Universal Compassion
- 6 Social-Psychological Aspects of Religion and Prejudice: Evidence from Survey and Experimental Research
- 7 Religion and the Origins of Anti-Atheist Prejudice
- 8 Religion, “Religion,” and Tolerance
- 9 Freedom, Toleration, and the Naturalness of Religion
- 10 Religious Disagreement and Religious Accommodation
- 11 The View from the East Pole: Buddhist and Confucian Tolerance
- 12 How Religion Undermines Compromise
- 13 The Limits of Religious Tolerance: A Secular View
- A Religion and Intolerance: A Critical Commentary
- B Religion, Intolerance, and Conflict: Practical Implications for Social Policy
- Index of Names
- Index of Subjects
- Religion, Intolerance, and Conflict
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.