- Title Pages
- Editorial note
- 1 ‘A man of Letters’
- 2 Models and rivals
- 3 The <i>Dictionary</i> takes shape
- 4 ‘The Pulse of the Public’: promotion and publication
- 5 Inside the <i>Dictionary</i>
- 6 Revision and collaboration: the <i>Abridgement</i> and <i>Supplement</i>
- 7 After Jamieson
- Appendix A: Chronology of events in Jamieson’s life
- Appendix B: Publication history of the <i>Dictionary</i> and <i>Supplement</i>
- Appendix C: Sir Walter Scott’s contributions to the <i>Supplement</i>
- Jamieson's Dictionary of Scots
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.