- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- Notes for Readers
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Petitions and Social History
- 3 Legal Control in Roman Egypt
- 4 Who Used the Justice System?
- 5 Political Ideologies in the Legal Realm
- 6 Hierarchy and Group Solidarity
- 7 Private Dispute Resolution and the Shadow of the Law
- 8 Vexatious and Vexing Litigation
- 9 Conclusions
- APPENDIX I Petitions Involving Disputes
- APPENDIX II Petitions without Disputes
- APPENDIX III Reports of Proceedings
- Index Locorum
- General Index
- Petitions, Litigation, and Social Control in Roman Egypt
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.