- Title Pages
- Table of Cases
- Table Of Statutes
- List of Abbreviations
- Chapter 1 The “Sanctity of Life,” “Best Interests,” and “Autonomy”: An Overview
- Chapter 2 Surveying the foundations of medical law: a reassessment of Glanville Williams’ The Sanctity of Life and the Criminal Law
- Chapter 3 Sir Ian Kennedy and the value of life: building on Glanville Williams’ shaky foundations?
- Chapter 4 Restoring the inviolability of life and replacing the caricature
- Chapter 5 Back to the future of abortion law: Roe’s rejection of America’s history and legal traditions
- Chapter 6 “Morning after” pills, “miscarriage,” and muddle
- Chapter 7 The scope of the offense of child destruction
- Chapter 8 The human embryo in vitro: person, chattel, or dolphin?
- Chapter 9 The euthanasia debate in the House of Lords
- Chapter 10 Towards euthanasia in Europe?: Marty, Pretty, and Purdy
- Chapter 11 Palliative care: an ethical and legal duty?
- Chapter 12 Restoring moral and intellectual shape to the law After Bland
- The Law and Ethics of Medicine
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.