- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Definitional Priority and Definitionally Primary Items
- 3 Matter within a Form's Essence?
- 4 Natural Form, Mathematical Form, and Platonist Errors
- 5 Natural Forms as Essentially Matter‐ and Change‐Involving
- 6 Material and Change‐Related Features of a Natural Form's Essence
- 7 Essentially Enmattered Form as Prior to Matter: A Modest Proposal
- 8 Priority in Nature or in Substance
- 9 Platonist Ontological Priority
- 10 Evidence for Priority in Being [PIB] in Metaphysics Δ.11
- 11 The Ontological Priority of Particular Substances
- 12 Definitional and Ontological Priority [PIB]
- 13 Test Cases for Ontological Priority [PIB]
- 14 Conclusion: Further Problems and Some Suggestions
- Appendix 1: Metaphysics Z.11, 1036b28: αἰσθητὸν or αἰσθητικὸν?
- Appendix 2: Textual and Interpretative Issues in Metaphysics Δ.11, 1019a1–14
- Index Locorum
- General Index
- Index Nominum
- Priority in Aristotle's Metaphysics
- Oxford University Press
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.