- Title Pages
- 1 Ethical Intuitionism
- 2 In Defence of a Dogma
- 3 Construction and Analysis
- 4 Proper Names
- 5 ‘The Post-Linguistic Thaw’<sup>1</sup>
- 6 Analysis, Science, and Metaphysics
- 7 Bennett on Kant's Analytic
- 8 Does Knowledge Have Foundations?
- 9 Knowledge and Truth
- 10 Scruton and Wright on Anti-Realism
- 11 Perception and its Objects
- 12 Liberty and Necessity
- 13 Sensibility, Understanding, and the Doctrine of Synthesis
- 14 Two Conceptions of Philosophy
- 15 Review of Paul Grice, <i>Studies in the Way of Words</i>
- 16 Knowing From Words
- 17 What Have We Learned from Philosophy in the Twentieth Century?
- 18 A Category of Particulars
- 19 Paul Grice
- 20 Why Philosophy?
- 21 Intellectual Autobiography
- 22 A Bit of Intellectual Autobiography
- Index of Names
- (p.227) 21 Intellectual Autobiography
- Philosophical Writings
P. F. Strawson
- Oxford University Press
This chapter presents an autobiography of P. F. Strawson. It details his family background, education, military career, and career as an academic philosopher. Strawson also briefly talks about his religious and political beliefs.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.