- Title Pages
- General Editor's Preface
- List of Cited WTO Panel and Appellate Body Reports, Initiated WTO Disputes, and their Common Abbreviations
- List of Cited GATT Panel and Working Party Reports, and their Common Abbreviations
- Table of Cases
- 1 The WTO Dispute Settlement System
- 2 Principles of Treaty Interpretation: Meaning and Function
- 3 The Subject of Treaty Interpretation in WTO Dispute Settlement
- 4 The Interpretation of Silence in the WTO Covered Agreements
- 5 Inherent Powers and Treaty Interpretation
- 6 The Contextual Interpretation of the WTO Covered Agreements
- 7 The Effective Interpretation of the WTO Covered Agreements
- 8 Other Issues in WTO Treaty Interpretation
- 9 WTO Treaty Interpretation Against the Background of Other International Law
- Appendix Articles 31, 32, and 33 VCLT
- (p.379) Conclusions
- Treaty Interpretation by the WTO Appellate Body
Isabelle Van Damme
- Oxford University Press
This final chapter summarizes the conclusions of the book. This book has tried to explain how the Appellate Body approaches the interpretation of the WTO covered agreements, and the hope is that it will contribute to a more wide-ranging understanding of how treaties are interpreted in practice.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.