- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- Introduction: Evolutionary Theories of Religion
- 1 Hand of God, Mind of Man
- 2 Religiosity as Mental Time-travel
- 3 Cognitive Science, Religion, and Theology
- 4 Is Religion Adaptive?
- 5 Religious Belief as an Evolutionary Accident
- 6 Explaining Belief in the Supernatural
- 7 Games Scientists Play
- 8 Scientific Explanations of Religion and the Justification of Religious Belief
- 9 Evolutionary Accounts of Religion: Explaining and Explaining Away
- 10 Explaining Religious Experience
- 11 Humanness in their Hearts: Where Science and Religion Fuse
- 12 Theology and Evolution: How Much Can Biology Explain?<sup>1</sup>
- 13 Cognitive Science and the Evolution of Religion
- 14 Moral Psychology and the Misunderstanding of Religion<sup>1</sup>
- 15 Does Naturalism Warrant a Moral Belief in Universal Benevolence and Human Rights?
- 16 Evolutionary Social Constructivism
- The Believing Primate
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.