- Title Pages
- List of Figures/Images
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Understanding Empathy:
- 2 Empathy as a Route to Knowledge<sup>1</sup>
- 3 Two Routes to Empathy:
- 4 Within Each Other:
- 5 Empathy, Imitation, and the Social Brain
- 6 Empathy for Objects<sup>1</sup>
- 7 Empathy, Expansionism, and the Extended Mind
- 8 An Empathic Eye
- 9 Infectious Music:
- 10 Empathizing as Simulating
- 11 On Some Affective Relations between Audiences and the Characters in Popular Fictions
- 12 Empathy:
- 13 Is Empathy Necessary for Morality?
- 14 Empathy, Justice, and the Law
- 15 Empathy and Trauma Culture:
- 16 Is Empathy a Virtue?
- 17 Anti-Empathy
- 18 Empathy for the Devil
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.