- Title Pages
- List of Cases
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- 1 The Choice of a Prime Minister
- 2 Acceptance of Advice
- 3 Dismissal of a Government
- 4 Dissolution of Parliament
- 5 The President as a Mediator
- 6 The Constitution over Conventions?
- 7 Conclusion
- Appendix A: A Constitutional Outline of the Presidency (1950–87)
- Appendix B: Constitutional Table for India
- Appendix C: Constitutional Table for Great Britain
- Appendix D: Constitutional Table for the Commonwealth of Australia
- Appendix E: Constitutional Table for the Dominion of Canada
- About the Author
- Presidential Discretion
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.