(p.iii) Sisters in the Statehouse
(p.xv) Sisters in the Statehouse
- Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford.
- It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship,
- and education by publishing worldwide.
- Oxford New York
- Auckland Cape Town Dar es Salaam Hong Kong Karachi
- Kuala Lumpur Madrid Melbourne Mexico City Nairobi
- New Delhi Shanghai Taipei Toronto
- With offices in
- Argentina Austria Brazil Chile Czech Republic France Greece
- Guatemala Hungary Italy Japan Poland Portugal Singapore
- South Korea Switzerland Thailand Turkey Ukraine Vietnam
- Oxford is a registered trade mark of Oxford University Press
- in the UK and certain other countries.
- Published in the United States of America by
- Oxford University Press
- 198 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
- © Oxford University Press 2014
- All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
- stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means,
- without the prior permission in writing of Oxford University Press,
- or as expressly permitted by law, by license, or under terms agreed with the
- appropriate reproduction rights organization. Inquiries concerning reproduction
- outside the scope of the above should be sent to the Rights Department,
- Oxford University Press, at the address above.
- You must not circulate this work in any other form
- and you must impose this same condition on any acquirer.
- [Cataloging-in-Publication Data on file with the Library of Congress.]
- 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
- Printed in the United States of America on acid-free paper