- Title Pages
- To Archimandrite Sophrony Sakharov (1896–1993)
- <i>The Works of St Maximus</i>
- 1 Tools
- 2 Imagery
- 3 The Principles
- 4 Monad and Triad
- 5 Knowing the Trinity
- 6 Nature, Difference, and Number
- 7 Activities and Wills
- 8 Union
- 9 <b>The Creation Song</b>
- 10 ‘Spiritual Hierarchy’
- 11 Transparent Words
- 12 The Twofold Commandment of Love
- 13 Confusion and Fragmentation
- 14 Distinction and Unification
- (p.143) 10 ‘Spiritual Hierarchy’
- Union and Distinction in the Thought of St Maximus the Confessor
- Oxford University Press
A discussion of Maximus' ecclesiology from the viewpoint of union and distinction. Themes such as diversity of members, ranks, hierarchy of the gifts of grace, and the Eucharistic liturgy are discussed.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.