- Title Pages
- Table of Statutes
- 1 Setting the Bounds of Law-and-society
- 2 Approaches to Law in Society
- 3 Law as Social Rules
- 4 Law Prior to Rules
- 5 Law as a System of Rules
- 6 Social Spheres
- 7 The Reception of Law
- 8 Law and Coercion
- 9 Legal Pluralism: Parallel Legal Orders
- 10 Extended Legal Pluralism: Informal Legal Orders
- 11 Does Law have Social Functions?
- 12 The Social Value of Law
- 13 Form of Modern Legal Orders
- 14 Social Foundations of Modern Legal Form
- 15 Implementation and the Architecture of Law
- 16 Implementation: the Legal and Social Environment
- 17 Change through Law: the Contours of Compliance
- Law in Modern Society
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.