- Title Pages
- 1 Ethics and Poetics: Literary and Personal Memory in Representations of Cretan Women
- 2 The Call of the Wild
- 3 Vice and Virtue
- 4 Pasiphae in the <i>Eclogues</i> and <i>Ars Amatoria</i>
- 5 Ariadne in Catullus 64
- 6 Ariadne and Ovid
- 7 Phaedra from Elegiac Lover to Stoic Anti-Exemplum? Heroides 4 and Seneca, Phaedra
- Appendix 1 Crete in History: Perpetuating the Stereotypes?
- Appendix 2 The Catasterism of Ariadne’s Crown and the Memory of Love
- Index of Passages
- General Index
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.