- Title Pages
- <i>Table of Cases</i>
- <i>Table of Legislation</i>
- 1 Introduction: The Scope of this Book
- 2 The Justification for Punishment's Existence: Censure and Prevention
- 3 <i>Proportionate Sentences for Juvenile Offenders</i>
- 4 Extending Sentences for Dangerous Offenders?: The Bottoms–Brownsword Model
- 5 Proportionate Punishment and Social Deprivation
- 6 Proportionality and Punitiveness?
- 7 Proportionality and the ‘Penance’ Perspective
- 8 <i>Restorative Justice: A ‘Making Amends’ Model?</i>
- 9 Criteria for Proportionality: A Review
- Appendix 1 <i>Equity Factors in Sentencing</i>
- Appendix 2 <i>Limiting Retributivism and ‘Modified’ Desert</i>
- Appendix 3 <i>Gauging Crime Seriousness: A ‘Living Standard’ Conception of Criminal Harm</i>
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.