- Title Pages
- 1 Predecessors
- 2 The Background and the Sources
- 3 The Origins and Career of Marcellinus
- 4 The Identity of Marcellinus: Can Procopius and the Other Sources be Reconciled?
- 5 The Background and the Sources
- 6 The Career of Aegidius
- 7 Syagrius and the Kingdom of Soissons
- 8 A Survey of the Material Evidence for Northern Gaul
- 9 Traces of the Kingdom of Soissons in the Merovingian Period
- 10 The Military Forces of Aegidius and Syagrius
- 11 Alternative Models for Northern Gaul in the Late Fifth Century
- 12 The Background and the Sources
- 13 Ricimer's Early Career and the Reigns of Avitus and Majorian
- 14 Ricimer and the Reigns of Libius Severus, Anthemius, and Olybrius
- 15 Assessments of Ricimer
- 16 Gundobad, Orestes, and Odovacer
- APPENDIX Naval Power in the Fifth Century
- Late Roman Warlords
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.