- Title Pages
- 1 Advertisement
- 2 Preliminaries: ‘Quotation’ and Varieties of Quotation
- Part I: Data
- 3 Overview
- 4 Omitted Quotation Marks
- 5 ‘Impure’ Direct Quotes
- 6 Mixed Quotation—Semantically Redundant?
- 7 Quotation and Context Sensitivity
- Part II: Theories
- 8 Use Theories
- 9 The Proper Name and the Definite Description Theories
- 10 The Demonstrative Theory
- 11 The Minimal Theory
- 12 On the Nature of Quotable Items: Signs and Expressions
- Language Turned on Itself
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.