- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Terry Gourvish
- Chapter 1 Strategic Games, Scale, and Efficiency, or <i>Chandler goes to Hollywood</i><sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 2 Industrial Policy in Twentieth Century Britain
- Chapter 3 Business in the Regions: From ‘Old’ Districts to ‘New’ Clusters?
- Chapter 4 Elites, Entrepreneurs, and British Business in the Twentieth Century
- Chapter 5 Invisible Entrepreneurs? Women and Business in Twentieth Century Britain
- Chapter 6 From a Solution to a Problem? Overseas Multinationals in Britain during Economic Decline and Renaissance
- Chapter 7 British Management Since 1945: ‘Renaissance’ and Inertia, Illusions and Realities
- Chapter 8 Not ‘Decline and Revival’: An Alternative Narrative on British Post‐War Productivity<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 9 Marketing Management in Britain: What is the Evidence for ‘Failure’?
- Chapter 10 British Retail Banking in the Twentieth Century: Decline and Renaissance in Industrial Lending
- Chapter 11 The Decline and Renewal of British Multinational Banking
- Chapter 12 Back to the Future: The Aircraft and IT Industries in Britain since 1945
- Chapter 13 Industrial Research and the Employment of Scientists in British Industry before the 1970s
- Chapter 14 Increasing Value? Modern British Retailing in the Late Twentieth Century
- Chapter 15 Predicting, Providing, Sustaining, Integrating? British Transport Policy since 1945
- Chapter 16 The Film Industry in Twentieth Century Britain: Consumption Patterns, Government Regulation, and Firm Strategy
- Chapter 17 British Sport Transformed: Sport, Business, and the Media since 1960
- Chapter 18 Ethics, Religion, and Business in Twentieth Century Britain
List of Tables
List of Tables
- Business in Britain in the Twentieth Century
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.