- Title Pages
- 1 The Stage Is Set
- 2 Books in Their Hands
- 3 Esteem, Seriousness, and Folly
- 4 Eighteenth-Century Institutional Views
- 5 Narratives of Scholars and Schools
- 6 The Educational Tide Turns
- 7 Genius in the Humbler Walks of Life
- Appendix A Extract from “Archbishop Butler’s Visitation Book,” Volume II
- Appendix B “Amicus amico”: Poem by Newby
- Appendix C 1824 Returns to the Second or Royal Commission on Educationin Ireland
- Appendix D 1834 Returns Connected to the Second Report of the Commissioners of Public Instruction
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.