- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 Introduction: Democracy—the European Verdict
- 2 Constructing the Questionnaire
- 3 Europeans’ Views of Democracy
- 4 The Structure of Europeans’ Views of Democracy
- 5 How People Understand Democracy
- 6 Types of Liberal Democracy and Generational Shifts
- 7 What Type of Democratic Commitment Lies Behind the Importance of Living in a Democracy?
- 8 Citizens’ Evaluations of Democracy
- 9 The Structure of the Evaluations of Democracy
- 10 Explaining Citizens’ Evaluations of Democracy
- 11 Democratic Legitimacy
- 12 Determinants of Democratic Legitimacy
- 13 An Empirical Assessment of Satisfaction with Democracy
- 14 Conclusion—What Have We Learnt, and Where Do We Go from Here?
- Appendix A The European Social Survey (ESS) and the development of the questionnaire for Round 6
- Appendix B Source questionnaire of the democracy module in ESS Round 6
- Appendix C Additional tables and figures
- How Europeans View and Evaluate Democracy
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.