- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Why are animals cognitive?
- Chapter 3 In the beginning was the vocalization
- Chapter 4 Gestural communication in great apes
- Chapter 5 Understanding others
- Chapter 6 Social complexity and the brain
- Chapter 7 Learning from others
- Chapter 8 Theory of mind
- Chapter 9 Pivot point
- Chapter 10 Knowledge about the physical world
- Chapter 11 Learning new complex skills
- Chapter 12 A road map to insight
- Author index
- Subject index
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.