- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- Chapter 1 Risk and Reinsurance
- Chapter 2 The Cultural Context of Insurance in the West
- Chapter 3 The Evolution of the Industry Structure
- Chapter 4 The Monetary and Financial Environment, 1860–2013
- Chapter 5 Calculating the Unpredictable
- Chapter 6 The Rise and Decline of Treaty Reinsurance
- Chapter 7 From Gentlemen’s Agreement to Judicial Instrument
- Chapter 8 Reinsurance Law as an Autonomous Regulatory Regime?
- Chapter 9 What is an Insurable Risk? Swiss Re and Atomic Reactor Insurance
- Chapter 10 Natural Catastrophes and their Effects on Reinsurance
- Chapter 11 Continuity and Change in Reinsurance 1990–2016
- Select Bibliography
- Managing Risk in Reinsurance
Niels Viggo Haueter
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.