- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations
- List of Contributors
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Explaining Serbia’s Decision to go to the ICJ
- 3 Arguing the Kosovo Case
- 4 The Practicalities of Representing a Client in Complex Multiparty Proceedings
- 5 The Settling of a Self-Determination Conflict?
- 6 Questions of Jurisdiction and the Discretion to Decline a Request for an Advisory Opinion
- 7 The Question Question
- 8 Reflections on the ICJ Advisory Opinion on Kosovo
- 9 The UN Secretary-General and the Advisory Opinion
- 10 The Sounds of Silence
- 11 The Court and its Multiple Constituencies
- 12 The Political Aftermath of the ICJ’s Kosovo Opinion
- 13 Kosovo—The Questions Not Asked
- 14 Kosovo and the Criteria for Statehood in International Law
- 15 Has the Advisory Opinion’s Finding that Kosovo’s Declaration of Independence was not Contrary to International Law Set an Unfortunate Precedent?
- 16 Some Implications of the Advisory Opinion for Resolution of the Serbia-Kosovo Conflict
- 17 Old Problems, Fresh Frameworks
- 18 Reflections on the Law and Politics of the Kosovo Case
- The Law and Politics of the Kosovo Advisory Opinion
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.