- Title Pages
- Foreword: The seven ages of man
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 The life course and adult chronic disease: an historical perspective with particular reference to coronary heart disease
- Chapter 3 Pre-adult influences on cardiovascular disease
- Chapter 4 Life course approaches to socioeconomic differentials in health
- Chapter 5 Ischaemic heart disease and cerebrovascular disease mortality trends with special reference to England and Wales; are there cohort effects?
- Chapter 6 Geography and migration with special reference to cardiovascular disease
- Chapter 7 A life course approach to diabetes
- Chapter 8 A life course approach to obesity
- Chapter 9 A life course approach to blood pressure
- Chapter 10 A life course approach to respiratory and allergic diseases
- Chapter 11 A life course approach to cancer epidemiology
- Chapter 12 Time trends in cancer incidence and mortality
- Chapter 13 A life course approach to biological ageing
- Chapter 14 A life course approach to neuropsychiatric outcomes
- Chapter 15 Fetal growth and development: the role of nutrition and other factors
- Chapter 16 Sicioeconomic pathways between childhood and adult health
- Chapter 17 Should we intervene to improve fetal and infant growth?
- Chapter 18 Should we intervene to improve childhood circumstances?
- Chapter 19 Conclusions
- A Life Course Approach to Chronic Disease Epidemiology
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.