- Title Pages
- Notes on the Author and the Collaborators
- 1 Introduction: Goals and Methods
- 2 Electoral Systems: Types, Patterns, Trends
- 3 Disproportionality, Multipartism, and Majority Victories
- 4 Changes in Election Rules between Systems in the Same Country
- 5 Bivariate and Multivariate Analyses
- 6 Four Other Potential Explanations
- 7 Electoral Engineering: Limits and Possibilities
- Appendix A: Proportional Representation Formulas
- Appendix B: Indices of Disproportionality and Party System Characteristics
- Appendix C: Data: Sources, Additions, Corrections, Clarifications
- Electoral Systems and Party Systems
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.